I wanted to introduce myself and communicate what is going on with the Social Committee. My name is Emily Paulson and our family has been living in Rivers Edge since February 2011. We initially decided to purchase here because the house fit our growing family and the location was far enough to have a country feel while still close to Raleigh. However, our family has found that the best thing Rivers Edge has to offer is an abundance of friendly neighbors. For that reason, when the social chair position became vacant, I volunteered for the position.
As of right now, the Social Committee has one event on the calendar. An End of Summer Cookout at the clubhouse / pool set for September 6 at 4:00. Our committee would like to add a few more events and in order to offer what the residents are interested in I have worked on creating a survey. The Social Committee is here to serve the neighborhood – any and all input is definitely encouraged. This spreadsheet may appear at first to be overwhelming, but in order to get all the information at once I included everything I could possibly think of. Please take a few minutes to print it out, look it over, and indicate anything you are interested in participating in. The committee has no desire to offer something no one wants to attend, but we definitely want to offer anything you would like.
When you open this spreadsheet, it includes the following tabs –
1) Cover – basic contact information
2) Events – possible upcoming events
3) Groups – includes either current groups or possibilities for the future
4) Workshops – possible workshops / classes for the future
5) Resources – lists any items you might have to share in order to reduce costs
6) Recommendations – spread the word about local, honest companies or tell about your own
7) Misc – includes babysitting, petsitting, willing to help the committee, and space for comments
The committee looks forward to seeing your responses. Please bring your survey to the upcoming cookout or drop it in my mailbox.
Thanks in advance!