Oct 16 2019
Oct 03 2019
Rivers Edge HOA’s Annual Meeting will take place Sunday, November 10 at 6:30 p.m. Per the covenants, we are giving a 30 day notice. Agenda will include:
1. Call to order
2. Reading of minutes
3. Committee Reports- Pool, Architectural, Grounds, Road, Treasurer
4. Nomination and election of board members (3) openings
5. Nomination for treasurer.
6. New Business
Sep 08 2019
1. This Wednesday 9/11 guys night out for trivia night at White Street Brewery. Trivia is from 8:00-9:00 so plan to arrive anytime after 7:00. I will be staying for the first night so any ladies who want to join me feel free.
2. Painting class (like Wine and Design) Friday 9/27 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at the clubhouse. Sign up with this link.
3. Save the date:
This year we are organizing a Halloween gathering at the clubhouse to start our night of trick-or-treating out with loads of fun. We will be providing a light dinner, activities, and a costume contest. Mark your calendar for Oct 31 @ 5:30. Can’t wait to see you there!
Sep 06 2019
Tentative pool closing date will be Sunday, September 29. We have a couple of projects to do around the pool and clubhouse and have been waiting on the swim season to wind down. The furniture will be stored and gate padlocked on the 29th.
Aug 20 2019
Aug 15 2019
It is not too early to start thinking about new board members for 2020. The annual meeting will take place in November and there will be openings for at least two members as well as a treasurer as this is Emily Paulson’s final year as an awesome treasurer. If anyone has questions about what the various responsibilities are, please contact any current board member for more information.
May 20 2019
It looks like the newly painted pool is a hit thus far, along with the salt water system installed last season. There are rules posted for swimming along with emergency contact information at the outdoor phone if needed. Help us by keeping the bathrooms clean, trash put into the bin and umbrellas folded down after each use in the event of high winds/thunderstorms. With the pool open just a couple of days, we have also seen teenagers blocking open the gate (after hours) for their friends. This took place last night around 9 and they left around 10. When we see things like this, the board has decided we will simply call the Sheriff’s office and report it as the pool hours are posted as closing at 8. We cannot take the risk of someone up there getting injured and/or swimming beyond the hours that our Franklin County Pool Permit is issued for. Please share these rules with every member of your family.
May 16 2019
The pool will open Saturday, May 18. The HOA had the pool bottom painted during the off season. The salt water pool is balanced and ready to swim. Please adhere to pool rules and clean up after yourselves. Rachel Bishop is the HOA pool chairperson this year and will keep an eye on any issues. Everyone here is a volunteer- we are not janitors. There are cameras in use to help us make sure the gate (by law) remains closed. If you use the umbrellas, put them down at the end of the day.
May 10 2019
The General Meeting of the Rivers Edge Home Owner’s Association was held at 6:00 P.M. on May 5, 2019 in the Rivers Edge Clubhouse. The following Board Members were present: Ron Phillips, President; Richard Steinhoff, Vice President; and Gary Faltinowski, Secretary.
A total of seventeen (17) properties were represented by owners.
The meeting commenced with introduction of HOA Board members, new residents Toby & Heather Groathouse, and all residents in attendance. It was noted by Ron that we have seen a turnover of at least 28 homes in Rivers Edge in less than 3 years.
It was also noted that the term for all current board members expires at the end of this year and in accordance with By Laws cannot serve more than three one-year terms.
A Treasurer’s report was provided by Ron showing expenditures, as they relate to overall yearly expenses and projected budget amounts. This includes the annual contribution to the road fund to cover cost of sealing the road in 4-5 years, estimated cost based on today’s prices was $32,000.
· For the most part, clubhouse has been used frequently for family socials, and bunco.
· We will continue to monitor maintenance issues beyond the service agreement on the HVAC.
· Will need to paint the exterior at some point in the next year or so and will clean the roof or replace the roof once we learn more about the Certainteed claim.
Pool update- Rachel Bishop has volunteered to be chairperson for the pool, thank you Rachel! The pool surface has been painted and a new ground fault breaker was installed for the pool lights. Lights have new bulbs and new covers to be installed. County inspection is scheduled for this week. The pool can open once inspection passes.
Social committee update-Marcia Eadie-events are being posted on Facebook. Thank you to Marcia for providing refreshments and snacks for the meeting.
Grounds update- we plan on addressing the front this year to beautify our entrance. Thank you to Lorna Padley, Ruth Phillips, & Tracy Rabon, who have offered to take on this project.
ARB David Williams has served the past year as Chairman of the Architectural Review Committee.
· Architectural approval is required for things like landscaping, paint color changes, storage buildings, add on garages, fences, swimming pools, etc.
· We are keeping a central file of applications tied back to each homeowner address in the Rivers Edge HOA Cloud
Neighborhood Watch – continue to be vigilant, no recent incidents
Speed Tables-installation completed recently.
New topic – it was noted by resident that due to a buildup of material inside the culvert pipe, on Rivers Edge Drive, the flow is reduced/being blocked causing a backup. Board will research a viable solution.
Apr 29 2019
A huge thank you to Marcia Eadie, the HOA Social Committee Chair, who will be providing desserts and refreshment for the upcoming HOA meeting on May 5th.
We are still in need of a Pool/Clubhouse Chairperson(s). Two people would be ideal, to split duties and back each other up, if one is out of town.
To help clarify what the responsibilities are, the following is provided:
• Distribute key cards
• Seasonal Set up and put away of furniture
• Weekly inspection of pool and bathroom
• Weekly garbage curbing
• Follow up on complaints, advise HOA Board
• Assessment and purchasing of pool/deck furniture
• Communicating with pool service people
• Keep calendar of use requests
• Inspection of club house after events
• Addressing of maintenance issues at clubhouse