The General Meeting of the Rivers Edge Home Owner’s Association was held at 6:00 P.M. on May 5, 2019 in the Rivers Edge Clubhouse. The following Board Members were present: Ron Phillips, President; Richard Steinhoff, Vice President; and Gary Faltinowski, Secretary.
A total of seventeen (17) properties were represented by owners.
The meeting commenced with introduction of HOA Board members, new residents Toby & Heather Groathouse, and all residents in attendance. It was noted by Ron that we have seen a turnover of at least 28 homes in Rivers Edge in less than 3 years.
It was also noted that the term for all current board members expires at the end of this year and in accordance with By Laws cannot serve more than three one-year terms.
A Treasurer’s report was provided by Ron showing expenditures, as they relate to overall yearly expenses and projected budget amounts. This includes the annual contribution to the road fund to cover cost of sealing the road in 4-5 years, estimated cost based on today’s prices was $32,000.
· For the most part, clubhouse has been used frequently for family socials, and bunco.
· We will continue to monitor maintenance issues beyond the service agreement on the HVAC.
· Will need to paint the exterior at some point in the next year or so and will clean the roof or replace the roof once we learn more about the Certainteed claim.
Pool update- Rachel Bishop has volunteered to be chairperson for the pool, thank you Rachel! The pool surface has been painted and a new ground fault breaker was installed for the pool lights. Lights have new bulbs and new covers to be installed. County inspection is scheduled for this week. The pool can open once inspection passes.
Social committee update-Marcia Eadie-events are being posted on Facebook. Thank you to Marcia for providing refreshments and snacks for the meeting.
Grounds update- we plan on addressing the front this year to beautify our entrance. Thank you to Lorna Padley, Ruth Phillips, & Tracy Rabon, who have offered to take on this project.
ARB David Williams has served the past year as Chairman of the Architectural Review Committee.
· Architectural approval is required for things like landscaping, paint color changes, storage buildings, add on garages, fences, swimming pools, etc.
· We are keeping a central file of applications tied back to each homeowner address in the Rivers Edge HOA Cloud
Neighborhood Watch – continue to be vigilant, no recent incidents
Speed Tables-installation completed recently.
New topic – it was noted by resident that due to a buildup of material inside the culvert pipe, on Rivers Edge Drive, the flow is reduced/being blocked causing a backup. Board will research a viable solution.